Platform: PlayStation 3.
Japanese Release Date: Feb. 24, 2011
US Release Date: Sept. 6, 2011
Base game default: Easy to Moderate
Downloadable content: Difficult
Current Amazon Price: $18.85
NOTHING is more powerful than sardines!
- Gameplay that the Disgaea games are always refining and improving, including new options such as the Character World.
- An engaging storyline with the signature wacky humor of the Disgaea series and excellent (and hilarious) voice acting to bring it to life.
- Updated HD graphics.
- The Item World gives players unlimited and ever changing options for level grinding.
- Downloadable content to expand the game, including the backstory of two of the main characters as well as a post-game story focused on some of the other main characters.
- BEHOLD THE POWER OF SARDINES.
- Unpredictable level spikes in the base game and huge level spikes in the Postlude and DLC.
- Some of the cutscenes drag on a little too long.
- Axel, President of the Netherworld.
- Great Flonzor X.
Especially you, Axel.
The Lowdown: A game worthy of the Disgaea name and my favorite in the series. Highly recommended, especially to anyone who had enjoyed past Disgaea games (obviously), anyone curious about strategy RPGs and looking for one to try, and anyone who likes sardines.
J. Arthur Keenes Band --"Videogame Theme." Creative Commons.
Disagaea 4 Arranged OST