Lightning's Tips for Playing the First Half of Final Fantasy 6
…This bastard never goes away.
- Never depend on Shadow. He might leave you after one battle and 3000 GP.
- Always get to the clocks in town! You might get an elixir.
- Use of Edgar’s Tools is mandatory (and yes, that sounds dirty).
- Get thee to the Veldt when you can so Gau can learn his useful Rage abilities.
- Get your ass to the auction house in Jidoor, where you can bid for some valuable magicite. (We forgot to do this.)
- Cower down before Ultros, the Lord of the Octopi! Or at least cower at his corny dialogue.
- You MUST enjoy the opera scene. No exceptions. Don’t screw up the lines!
- Never doubt General Leo’s integrity. And always question Kefka’s.
- Make sure to buy lots of potions, tinctures, and “fenix downs.” Even if you’ve played this a million times. It is, after all, shameful to have your ass handed to you by a cat lady in Zozo.
Cat ladies are the most dangerous of enemies.
RPG Roundup Theme Song: "Video Game Theme," J. Arthur Keenes Band. Creative Commons Attribution License.